Saturday, April 4, 2009

Le Bon Assignment

Students:

I got an excellent question about the assignment, and I'd like to share it with you.


> Hi. I'm doing the assignment for the Le Bon reading and I can't find the
> answers to questions 4, 6, 9, 12, and 13. I cannot find anything in the
> reading where Le Bon specifically mentions cities or urban environments.
> What exactly is the professor looking for in these questions?

>>[my reply] You raise an excellent question. Le Bon takes for granted that crowds are things >>that take place in cities. So don't look for specific mentions of city/urban, but merely for the >>content of those questions.

>>If nothing else, rest assured that at least trying to find the right mentions will get you full >>credit on this assignment--


Also--because I'm so busy this quarter I've been getting ahead on our readings. This is great news for you, because I'll be posting reading notes, as I did already for Le Bon/Simmel, for the remainder of the quarter. These notes will also be the basis of our section discussions--again focusing on readings for a given MONDAY--so check this space regularly for updates.

Andrew

No comments: